Lucky Number Seven
by Sondog and the butler
Week seven brings the second round of Bye Week Hell.
the butler's Starts:
QB-
Brett Favre @ Miami - Probably the only time I'll ever put Favre on my start list. He should be on Dancing with the Stars by now. This Sunday watch him put up one of his last great performances. Unless he plays next year, which might make Aaron Rodgers jump off a building.
Matt Leinart @ Oakland - Somehow Oakland has the 5th ranked pass D in the NFL. The rookie looked mighty mighty good Monday against the best defense in years. This might be a game for Edge to break out, but I'm giving the O.C. boy the nod.
RB-
Joseph Addai vs. Washington - For some reason he's ranked low all over the place this week. The Skins haven't done well against the run this year, and D. Rhodes has 3 TD's to Addai's one...I think Addai closes that gap a little Sunday.
Fred Taylor @ Houston- Jones-Drew actually looks like the better running back from where I'm sitting. However, off the bye week 'ol man Taylor should get some love.
WR-
Jerricho Cotchery vs. Detroit - Only one catch last week for the early season waiver wonder. Everyone knows Detroit has no secondary, but will there be a TD left for Cotchery after Coles gets his? I think so.
Terry Glenn vs. NY Giants - Remember him? That other guy who catches balls for Dallas? Glenn has never been one to live in a shadow. He'll get his.
TE-
Alex Smith vs. Philly - This Alex Smith has been hot since Gradkowski took over.
FLEX -
Greg Jennings @ Miami - Favre's new best friend just keeps tearing it up.
REACH-
Kevan Barlow vs. Detroit - Another case of the younger back, Leon Washington, looking better. I like Barlow this week, though, due to the fact that big run-stopper Shaun Rodgers will be out serving his four game suspension. I'd put Washington here, but I think he should be considered more of a smart start rather than a reach. I guess I'm feeling unusually respectful of my elders this week.
the butler's Sits:
QB-
Matt Hasselbeck vs. Minnesota - Steve Hutchinson returns to Seattle to face his former team. Something tells me this will be a low scoring game. Hasselbeck's stats this year have followed a distinct pattern...he blows up one week, he sucks the next. This week he's due to suck again.
Jake Plummer @ Cleveland - Denver will most likely win this game by however many points they feel like putting up. Jake will still find a way to be himself.
RB-
LaMont Jordan vs. Arizona - LJ #2 might be in the running for the "biggest fantasy bust without getting hurt" award. Poor guy can't get a block. It might seem tempting to start him at home vs. a traditionally weak Arizona Defense. Don't do it.
(Wouldn't it be funny if all of a sudden Warren Sapp started taking his goal line carries? I would laugh so hard.)
Rudi Johnson vs. Carolina - Rudi hasn't had a good game since week 2 against the Browns.
WR-
Randy Moss vs. Arizona - Just sit all the damn Raiders.
Andre Johnson vs. Jax - AJ is oh so hot...Carr throws to him twenty times a game. The Jags have a great secondary, and I feel there will be a lot of running going on in this one.
TE-
Heath Miller @ Atlanta - Is Big Ben back to normal? We'll see.
FLEX-
Braylon Edwards vs. Denver - Two words. Champ. Bailey.
REACH-
Terrell Owens vs. Giants - Does anyone else feel like TO has Bledsoe whipped like a weak-minded girfriend? "I'm sorry TO...I'll play better for you...I promise" - what is that crap? Are his teammates scared of him? Please, TO...don't hurt me...I swear you'll score three TD's next week...I sweeeeeeeeaaaaaarrrrr! I really wish God had given TO's talent to someone deserving.
SonDog's starts:
QB-
Jake Delhomme- Dynamic receiving group helps him tremendously.
Phillip Rivers- Stands to destroy a KC secondary that was exposed against Big Ben last week.
RB
Tatum Bell- The only Bronco worth playing at this stage.
Edge James- If he is going to break out at all, this will be the week.
WR-
Keyshaun Johnson- Teams must decide who to double... Steve Smith gets the nod every week. Johnson couldn't have picked a better team with which to sign.
Eric Parker vs. KC- So famous that I couldn't even remember his first name without looking it up.
TE-
Ben Watson @ BUF- He's due and the Pats are ready to roll.
FLEX-
Maurice Jones-Drew vs. HOU- He's a midget and Houston sucks. Sounds like entertainment to me.
REACH-
Doug Gabriel vs. BUF- Why did Oakland trade him again?
SonDog's Sits
QB
Alex Smith vs. Bye- The Niners line is beat up and this could be... wait.
J.P. Losman- Not doing much against New England.
Mark Brunel- Looked remarkably washed up against the Titans. Time to release him as there are better options out there on waivers.
RB
Rudi Johnson vs. Carolina- Ruuuuudi has been a buuuuuust for most people this season.
Ruben Sandwhich Droughnes vs. Denver- Denver's defensive start to the season has been impressive, no matter how easy the schedule has proven.
WR
Javon Walker vs CLE- I don't care if Jerry Rice and Chris Carter were Denver's two receiving options... Jake would still find ways to screw it up.
Eddie Kennison vs. SD- I can't wait for the San Diego/Denver battle. And Kennison doesn't do anything this weekend against the Chargers.
TE
Alge Crumpler vs. PIT- The Steeler D is looking mighty sharp all of a sudden.
FLEX
Willis McGahee vs. NE- I just feel like the Patriots are going to turn it on. Starting now.
REACH
Eli Manning at DAL- Eli is usually a pretty safe fantasy option. I'm thinking he will crap the bed against Dallas. But at least we will get our share of primetime Manning coverage during week 7.

1 Comments:
Great call on Crumpler.
In the end, I had to play Manning in the ESPN league. As always, I'm an idiot.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home