Fantasy Schmantasy

One year. One mission. Win your fantasy football (or basketball) league. Advice from two guys who sit behind a desk and work on priority action items.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Don't Quit Your Day Job

by the butler

My head is hanging so low in shame right now, I'm not sure that I'll be able to write this. After a great set of predictions for our "preseason" week of Start/Sit, I utterly blew it this week. I think I may have even set off a chain reaction of choking. I'm pretty sure that Vick (5 TO's), Sexy Rexy (6 TO's), Neil Rackers (2 big FG misses), and O. Mare (missed FG that would've sent the game into OT) were all affected by my cosmic choking vibes. Not only did my start/sit list need to be completely reversed, I lost both my paying fantasy league games this week.

I can barely contain my self-ridicule as I look back at my predictions. Couldn't have been further off. Really.

the butler's Starts:

David Carr - heh. 128 pyd, 15 rshyd, 0TD, 2INT= MISS- At least I dropped him for Drew Brees in my Yahoo! league, only to subsequently ruin my chances of winning by benching the immortal Joe Horn.
Chad Pennington - 175 pyd, 2TD, 0INT= HIT - Pennington's late game poise was the difference for the Jets this week.
Tatum Bell - 83 rshyd, 4 rec. 11yds, 1TD = HIT - Not a career game like I guessed, but good enough.
Marian Barber III - 57 rshyd, 1TD= HIT - Only rushing TD for the 'Boys.
Wes Welker - 6 rec. 56 yds, 1 fum, 100 retyds = HIT - scored very high in our league, which rewards retyds and gives points for receptions. He was inches away from a TD as well.
Lee Evans - 8 rec. 82 yds, 0TD = HIT - Tied for 5th in catches this week
LJ Smith - 4 rec. 48 yds, 1TD = HIT
Mike Vick - 154 pyd, 0TD, 1INT, 68 rshyd, 1 TD, 4 fumbles = MISS - 5 TO's...good call butler.
reach- Bryant Johnson - 2 rec. 17 yds, 1 TD = HIT - I know I'm not looking too bad so far...but just wait.

the butler's Sits:

Eli Manning - 180 pyd, 2 TD, 2INT = HIT - Young Eli didn't look terrific. Even though they rallied to win the game, Eli was the 18th highest scoring QB in our Yahoo! league.
Jake Delhomme - 365 pyd, 2TD, 2INT = MISS - This Jake played well, putting up 365 and winning on the road against an even better defense.
Kevin Jones - 127 rshyd, 6 rec. 36 yd, 1 TD = MISS - It's a good thing no one listens to me.
Frank Gore - 55 rshyd, 5 rec. 35 yd, 0TD = HIT - I told you so. Never doubt me.
Hines Ward - 5 rec. 59 yds, 1 TD = MISS - Big Ben looked like a Super Bowl winning QB again. Good to see.
Joe Horn - 6 rec. 110 yds, 2 TD = MISS - I must have insulted Joe Horn's mother in a past life. So far this season, I have played Horn twice and came up with jack squat both times. I was counting on him to be my "late round steal". This week I bench him against Lito Sheppard and Darren Sharper...kill me now. I almost want to trade him. He's a bad omen for me.
Jeremy Shockey - 6 rec. 55 yds, 2 TD = MISS - another one on the money for the butler...
Bruce Gradkowski - 184 pyd, 19 rshyd, 2TD, 1 INT = MISS - Did you guys see the end of this game? Bruce was almost robbed of his game-winning TD by the refs.
reach- Larry Johnson - 26 rshyd, 3 rec. 6yd, 1 TD = PUSH - I know I said anytime a RB scores it's a HIT, but I guess we've found an exception...when LJ only rushes for 26 yds and the TD doesn't really mean anything because they are down by 75 points.

Sondog's Starts:

JP Losman - 207 pyd, 16 rshyd, 2TD, 1INT, 1 FUM = HIT - Two TO's don't look good, but he scored well. A 62% completion rate is nice, too.
Jake the Snake - 102 pyd, 30 rshyd, 0TD, 0INT = MISS - We want Cutler...wait.
Reggie Bush- 25 rshyd, 4 rec. 35 yds, 29 retyd, 0TD= MISS - still did better than Super Mario
Ronnie Brown - 127 rshyd, 1 TD = HIT - Brown owners are starting to consider letting themselves live.
Andre Johnson - 9 rec. 75 yds, 0TD = HIT - Houston's lone offensive bright spot.
Santana Moss - 33 rshyd, 5 rec. 50 yds, 2 fumbles = MISS - Titans D was too much.
Heath Miller - 1 rec. 16 yds, 0TD = MISS - not one of Big Ben's fav's Sunday.
Javon Walker - 4 rec. 75 yds, 29 rshyd, 0TD = HIT - we'll give him a hit for 100 total yards, even though he should've had a Joe Hornesque day against the Silver and Black.
reach - Michael Turner - 0 rshyd, 0 rec, 35 retyd = MISS - LT got Sondog the win over the butler this week. T. Holt helped a wee bit.

Sondog's Sits:

Damon Huard - 162 yds, 0TD, 1 INT = HIT - No love against the defending champs.
Jon Kitna - 278 yds, 1TD, 1INT, 1 FUM = HIT - First W for the Lions, which the Tigers made possible, in turn feuling the D-Town Daggers against the sliding Chitterlings.
Deuce McAllister - 64 rshyd, 6 rec. 36 yds, 0TD, 2 FUM = HIT - Joe Horn stole the limelight
Tiki Barber - 185 rshyd, 3 rec. 42yds, 0TD = MISS - week 6's rushing yards leader.
Keyshawn Johnson - 5 rec. 46 yds, 0TD = HIT - S. Smith causing me to regret taking Fitzgerald ahead of him.
Chris Chambers - 5 rec. 60 yds, 1 TD = MISS - Game-winning TD.
Jeremy Shockey - 6 rec. 55 yds, 2 TD = MISS - Shockey must read this Blog.
Philly D - 27 pts. allowed, 2 INT's = HIT - Again, Joe "Little Big" Horn was calling the shots.
reach - Anquan Boldin - 12 rec. 136 yds, 1TD = MISS - Matty found a favorite.

Week 6 Start/Sit results: the butler: 10-8-1 Sondog: 9-9

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home